Saturday, March 2, 2013

Les Voyages

SO yesterday afternoon I returned from my voyage du rétho to vienna for a few hours and buda[est for 3 days.
It was all around good good fun. And a little warm in Budapest! Yay! I really really enjoyed the achitecture in Budapest too. Man it was like nothing I had ever seen before, all the colors were soo pretty. I took loads of pictures that are on facebook right now. It was just really a fun fun time. And I feel so much closer with all of my classmates now. Man, when I leave I am really going to miss them.
It was also a good exercise for me, to be switching between speaking english and speaking french really qucikly. I did a little translating for people too. It was a little confusing for my little brain though. Like i would speak english then french then english then french and sometimes forgot what language i was speaking in, and who I was speaking too. I am easily confused
but also, I mean really, it was so so cool.
I feel like I am really immersed in the culture here. Like belgian. And I think it will be a lot harder to become reimmersed in american culture. wahhhhhhhhhhhh
Last night I watched a movie with my host mom, and understood everything! Man my french is actually PROGRESSING! like YES! like, i got all that happened in every scene. there are still words and phrases and expressions I don't know, but I could undertsnad every interaction in the film. Such a good feeling. Then I had a dream in french. I have them about everyother night now. Its too cool man, I have a second language! Finally!
I am most definetly going to learn spanish also. And then a different language after that. But my goal before 20 is to be fluent in 3 languages. But i really want to just learn as many languages as I can, because I feel it is soo important to be able to communicate with people. And I have been thinking about my future lately, and things that I want to do with myself. I really want to be involved in some kind of world peace organization. And study something related to that in school. I am getting excited though for life after high school...
but still not so thrilled about returning to high school for an entire year...

No comments:

Post a Comment